HotBliggityblog01

Mar 20, 2015

Have you ever felt like you're able to relax a bit? It's weird what a little piece of art can show you.

Hi hi, how are you all?

I usually feel weird when I manage to draw a relaxed looking image (at least for me), after so many years under the blue and not knowing why, I finally feel fine.

This is a drawing I made last year, it was meant to be as part of Create & Inspire 30 days of art challenge (I just managed to do the first week), but it really jumps to me today... why?  because after almost a decade, I finally feel good and healthy!  Today hubby told me at 6:40 am (an hour earlier than our regular waking up time) that I looked fresher than practically every day. Apparently my thyroid med is doing its work slowly but steady and so weird!  I feel full of energy that is hard to go to sleep at night, and less hungry and almost no heavy head!

For me it's a miracle!

And I finally feel relaxed, happy, impressed on how much time I went without knowing I had this issue.  I can't thank enough to all my friends who were with me when I didn't know what was happening to me and when the stress broke me completely. Some chose to walk along the way with me, and with other friends, we decided to go separate ways. And it's always been ok, people change and you do not have to always adapt if you don't feel like to. I'm proud of those decisions, because we're doing well, sometimes you need to move forward, even if it's in a different direction.

I know this is not a pro-drawing, I need to focus more on technique and the wow factor. But today I finally feel related to her, which I usually can't do with my art. Sometimes you let it be, you let your hand and brain try to do the job of translating your feelings into pencil and paper, but I've never faced a moment where I understood the reason to be of a work you made.

woman horse skeleton art
Original available at http://artbydianita.storenvy.com/products/12539079-were-finally-safe-original-pencil-drawing

"We're finally safe"
Pencil on mixed media paper (Canson, acid free)
7"x10"
2014

She was a big challenge, her face is a refined version of all the faces I've made. I used Staedtler blue pencils in 2B, 4B, 6B and 0.3mm Alvin Draft/matic.

Size is a bit weird, since I honestly didn't look at the measurements of the paper when working on her (and many following drawings). But a custom made mat would do the work when framing <3

If you like her, the link to her sale page is above as caption of the image. Or if you prefer a direct sale, you can write me to dianitaarts@gmail.com

 Prints are available at Society6: http://society6.com/product/we-are-finally-safe_print#1=45

I hope you like her, I personally feel proud and humble. I'm satisfied with her, but I acknowledge my style needs lots of work! =)

I hope you have a wonderful day, thank you so much for watching and for your support!

Dianita
dianitaarts@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment