HotBliggityblog01

Jan 14, 2016

Art Practice January 14th, 2016

Hi!

One of my goals this year is to improve my human figure drawing. I don't intend to go full realism, but I'd like to improve proportions and understand movement and shape. And, to make my wishlist go over the top... I would love to develop some fantasy art!  But focused on strong female characters with beautiful armors. You know, confident women <3

Why that focus?  Oh well...  You see, I'm kinda sad that fashion media is focusing on the weak aspects of us, ladies. What I love about fantasy art, is that even if you get half-naked women, many artists chose to make them look strong, daring, without making them look too manly. I love the approach, but I'd love to give them a bit more of clothing, but beautiful, elegant armor or clothes <3

2016 is the year I'm daring to dream a little hahaha. I hope this practices let me get a firmer ground so I can move on to painting again =)  Here are my first practices of this year, hopefully I will get better with time !


Hola!

Una de mis metas para este anio es mejorar mi dibujo de figura humana. No pretendo llegar al realismo, pero me encantaría dominar un poco más las proporciones y entender movimiento y forma. Y, para hacer mi lista de deseos más grande... Me encantaría crear arte de fantasía!  Pero enfocado en personajes femeninos fuertes, con armaduras bonitas. Ustedes saben, mujeres seguras de sí mismas <3


Por qué ese enfoque?  Bueno... Estoy muy triste que la industria de la moda está enfocándose horriblemente en nuestras debilidades. Lo que me fascina del arte de fantasía, es que a pesar de ver mujeres semi-desnudas, muchos artistas eligen mostrarlas como personajes fuertes, retadores, sin que eso signifique hacerlas ver muy masculinas. Me encanta este acercamiento, pero claro que me gustaría dotarlas de más ropita, pero bonita y elegante <3

Así que, 2016 es el anio en que me voy a animar a soniar un poco más. Espero estas prácticas me ayuden a tener una base más fuerte para poder sentirme mejor al pintar =)  Aquí les presento mis primeras 2 prácticas del anio, espero poder mejorar con el tiempo!




Face practices.
Quick sketches focusing on faces.  (3/4 views drive me crazy T^T )
0.3mm lead pencil, 6H MArsLumograph Staedtler pencil, Tombow Monozero eraser, Knock eraser on mixed media paper.


Action pose and armor layout practice.
She's inspired on Rogues. Fast movement, silent killer. Armor is meant to be an intricate leather design. Lighter to allow easy movement.
0.3mm lead pencil, 6H MArsLumograph Staedtler pencil, Tombow Monozero eraser, Knock eraser on mixed media paper.


I hope you like them =)   Thank you so much for watching! Remember to follow my updates through the links below:

Espero les gusten =)  Gracias por su visita!  Recuerden seguir mis actualizaciones a través de los siguientes enlaces:




www.artbydianita.com
dianitaarts@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment