HotBliggityblog01

Sep 27, 2016

Back to work!

Hi everyone! How's your end of month going? 

Mine is feeling like a rush! I fell victim of Fall allergies, ones that I haven't ever experienced before! 

My weird symptoms started as tired eyes, sometimes dry. I just used some drops and that was it. After a couple weeks, and after my mother-in-law arrived on Sept 2nd, my eyes started to burn a bit. Didn't care too much about it. A few days later, I wasn't quite able to open my eyes as they burned kinda bad and I was having weird congestion (yay for allergic rhinitis!). So, next day, to the doctor. And well, he found a lovely sinus and ear infection. And for my eyes, just keep lubricating them with over the counter drops. The waiting time for the medications to help was hard as I have some work to do, I felt dizzy and my ear felt weird for some days, so I just stopped and focused on hubby's mom to feel welcome and happy on her vacation here. 


She just left yesterday, I couldn't be more happy and thankful with her for her visit and her help with house cleaning (we both have some hip/back pain and house cleaning is awful =\)  plus, a nice pain on my shoulder blade muscles, what I believe is result of recurring bad sleeping position. I learned lots of things, like to cook hubby's favorite meals, and that I might not be as awful as a host as I thought I would be!  The eye issue is almost controlled, thankfully my eyes stopped burning almost immediately! I just need to keep my shoulder blade in peace for a while and stop sleeping in weird positions =\ 

Hubby's Grandma recipe <3 I feel honored to have learned to make it from Vic's mom, who learned from her mother-in-law. Hubby's 2 special women in his life <3.  Please, ignore the crappy look !


Art related...

And well, I'm just checking what's next work-wise, I have 2 packages I need to send urgently to friends, and finish Mr Hubby's late bday present T^T 

Current to-do projects!  Quite excited for both <3  Left is a commissioned work, Right is hubby's late bday present (he saw it already T^T) 
My focus for the rest of the year is not to panic and just enjoy. I've dealt with weird health things this year that, even not quite dangerous, did messed up with my eyes and my back. I can work feeling crappy, but when you feel dizzy is not helpful ! So, I've decided not to feel rushed (although I am!) and take whatever I can from each moment, artistic or not!! Hopefully something great will come up from it ^-^ .  We just decided to go on and set an appointment with an orthopedist and an allergist to take care of whatever we can to avoid being in bed with back pain and depending on eye drops to live and work! 

And, to forget about health issues, more pics of food I learned to make this past weeks!

Potato and Tuna croquettes! I made them yesterday and I think I did it right! With homemade pico de gallo <3

Gorditas! Black bean (dark ones) and Sweet (lighter brown ones). Not made by me, but I learned how to make them ! This are delicious, with a homemade Chipotle salsa and cheese! 

Picadas!!!!! Some of the traditional food I miss the most from home =(  This were made from corn flour, not as delicious as the ones in Mexico, but quite great considering that we don't have good corn masa here !  Tomatillo salsa, Chipotle salsa (not from canned ones!) , onion, cheese and scrambled egg. =D

Fried tacos with chicken, lettuce, half cream and cheese. With chipotle salsa and vegetable soup ! Another favorite of mine!

Stuffed jalapeƱos! The real thing, not the crappy ones you might now! Stuffed with picadillo. The soup in the left is something Vic's mom made with the leftover water from cooking black beans on the pressure cooker. It's a black bean tortilla soup (we added fried totopos).  I used flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas for this tacos, just because I love stuffed peppers like this, with half cream as well ^^.

We made Stuffed JalapeƱos! 

Home made Panuchos! (Using already made tortillas from La Tortilla Factory ^^)

Potato and Tuna croquettes. Hubby's favorite childhood meal! His mom told me she made this when they had little money left. Reminded me to my Grandma's Menestra (black bean soup with pasta or rice and a dash of olive oil). Simple, economic meals are always the ones we cherish the most! <3

I'm happy this was a quite productive month, even if it wasn't art wise!

I'll try to make October a great art month, I learned to make a Chipotle salsa! I feel I can conquer the world now!! 


Have a wonderful, wonderful week! 
Remember, be happy, stay healthy and work hard to make your dreams come true <3

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friends Mayito, Crystal, my cousin Angie, Ale and of course, my dear husband <3  I know I missed some birthdays this month, but you're all in my heart every day!

Love, 
Dianita.

dianitaarts@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment